An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Business Services & Tax Associate/Senior Associate to work in our team. You will be working with a diverse portfolio of clients delivering high-quality advice and compliance.
- Delivering direct and indirect tax compliance services to all sorts of clients, including income tax return and relevant schedules (eg. loss schedule and international dealing schedule), FBT returns and activity statements
- Engaging in complex tax advisory engagements such as cross-border funding structuring, business structuring, tax consolidation
- Maintaining and managing accounting books and ensure they are in good quality and up to date.
- Dealing with other routine/ad-hoc accounting/tax compliances tasks, e.g. payroll tax, work compensation etc.
- Managing engagement administrative aspects, including assisting with proposals and engagement letters, budgeting, billing and monitoring of WIP and recovery.
- Coaching and supervising junior members and reviewing their work
- Dealing with client enquiries and requests independently
- Supporting other teams (audit, deals, and advisory) on complex projects wherever there are needs of tax and compliance knowledge.
- Assist with other firm management activities, like training assistance, client survey, etc.
You will need to be degree qualified and have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience working within Business Services and Tax in a firm environment. You will have completed your CA/CPA (or be very near completion) and will have the ability to prepare and review Income Tax Returns and Financial Reports across all entity types.
You have an understanding of the fundamental tax issues across Income Tax, FBT, GST, CGT, and Trust Law. You have the ability to research tax planning strategies and assist with advice as well as researching and resolving different tax issues. As part of this role, you will be given the opportunity to work on a diverse mix of tax advisory and compliance for our international clients and their Australian subsidiaries.
The ideal candidate will be someone who thrives in a client facing role, be able to identify value add areas and also have strong compliance knowledge. You will be energetic, a quick learner and able to identify issues and provide resolutions. You will also be a team player and will be required to supervise and mentor junior staff.
Ability to communicate in Mandarin is a must.
We're based in the heart of the CBD of Sydney. With a competent small team, we deliver services to many big brand corporate. Our services are comprehensive and sophisticated and cover audit, deals, accounting and tax compliance. That means you will have opportunities to use your knowledge to bring value to renowned clients and have exposure to more interesting and complex projects.
We and have a professional and highly driven team that enjoys working together; achieving phenomenal results in alignment with our internal values. We respect each team member, drawing out the best in our people. This position offers a competitive salary with other benefits. In our firm, you are an integral part of the business and a major influence on our clients' success. You can expect to work in an open and friendly environment with a highly supportive team and leadership and long-term career opportunities.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounting Firm Intern
Accounting Firm Intern Job Description
We are looking for a goal driven Accounting Intern with a basic understanding of AASB/IFRS and financial principles and terms who is ready for an immersive, real-world experience. Under the supervision of our staff, the Accounting Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyse actual financial data, learn more about bookkeeping software, and assist with other accounting, audit and tax services. You should be a motivated team player who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking.
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting, tax and financial principles and a can-do attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
•Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
•Assisting your coach and learn to prepare professional work (eg. financial reports, audit work paper and procedures etc.)
•Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
•Support daily office operations and admin work.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
•Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
•Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
•Aptitude for math, proficiency with MS Office.
•Strong verbal and written communication skills.
•High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
•Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
•Minimum 4 days per week.
To apply for this role please send your resume to email@example.com